Thursday, August 2, 2012

Start at the Beginning

People have asked, "I want to start living a more clean, natural lifestyle. Where do I begin?" I think that's a common thought since we use so many products and eat so many kinds of foods, it can be very overwhelming. As my journey started, I made small changes that had big impacts. First, I started cooking with all organic meat, poultry and fish. Animals raised organically are not allowed to be fed antibiotics, the bovine human growth hormone (rbGH), or other artificial drugs. Animals are also not allowed to eat genetically modified foods. Second, I replaced one animal-centered dinner a week with one full of beans, nuts and vegetables. I'm now up to about 2-3 dinners a week, but start at the beginning. Last, I looked at some of the products I was using and replaced them with natural and/or organic products. I started with my day and night cream, face cleanser, and shampoo and conditioner. I love Acure's line of creams and cleansers and Yarok's line of shampoos and conditioners. I have normal to dry skin and these are the products I've been using to help clean and moisturize.  I hope these steps will help start your path to a more natural lifestyle.


Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment