Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Year, New Me

Now that we're a few weeks into the new year, I like to really think about what I would like to accomplish in 2013. As a busy working Mom to 2 wonderful boys, for me it's all about balance. I took the first week to clean out my fridge and pantry, and I've re-energized my exercise plan. I also just jotted down a few things that I will keep in my mind, hopefully every day.

  • Try to avoid processed foods and sugar. Try new recipes with fruits, vegetables, beans. Make at least one dinner a week free from animal proteins. Use more seasonal foods especially the fruits and veggies.
  • Continue to drink water and green tea. And sneak in a glass of red wine!
  • Jump in the steam room at least once a week to get all those toxins out of my system
  • Get plenty of sleep, at least 7 hours each night
  • Schedule "me" time. Stress causes a majority of problems. Take time to reconnect with friends, go for a walk, get a massage. This time is invaluable and makes such a difference in my outlook and positivity.
Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment