Friday, September 7, 2012

Get More Energy

Now that you're on your way to a more natural lifestyle, it's always good to take a look at your current fitness routine. If you're doing the same thing over and over, your body will begin to plateau, and it will take longer to see results. I've listed a few suggestions below that may keep you moving forward.
  • Set a Goal and Try Something New! I started running years ago, but only until I signed up to run my first marathon did I stay committed. Knowing that I had 3 months to train for 26.2 miles was more motivation than ever. Maybe your health club offers a group class that you've always wanted to try. Jump in! Dancing is all the craze right now and many places are offering Zumba, adult Hip Hop and Ballroom. What a fun way to learn something new and burn calories.
  • Update your IPOD! I always seem to run longer or stay longer at the gym when I'm listening to good, new music. I try to pick songs that are upbeat with a fast tempo. That way I'm not staring down at the clock every minute.
  • Grab a Friend! Holding each other accountable is a win/win plus it's a great time to connect when our busy schedules get in the way. Grab a friend for a run or walk or to try that new class at the gym. You may feel more comfortable doing it together versus going alone.
Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment